Some humans don’t like fireworks, and are wondering how people that don’t earn much let their money go up in smoke and noise.
Most pets, farm animals and wildlife are afraid of fireworks, but humans don’t care.
You as a responsible dog owner are aware of the dos and don’ts on New Year’s Eve like
- Walk the dog before darkness
- Walk the dog only on leash
- Walk the dog in the woods
- Close windows and shutters
- Celebrate at home, don’t leave your pooch home alone
When you know that your dog will be
- Hiding somewhere
- Jumping on your lap
- Excessively panting
- Excessively shivering
- Sweating underneath the paws
- Peeing and/or having diarrhoea inside
- Constantly barking
you need to act immediately. Leave for surrounding countries e.g. Germany, France, Austria or Italy. If you are not able to leave try these:
- thunder shirts or anxiety wraps
- “Bach” Flower remedies: No. 2 Aspen, No. 12 Gentian, No. 18 Impatiens, No. 20 Mimulus
- “Schüssler” minerals: No. 5 Kalium phosphoricum, No. 7 Magnesium phosphoricum, No. 11 Silicea
- “Adaptil”, a synthetic copy of the pheromone Phenynalalin, released by dams from her mammary area after her puppies’ birth.