It’s never too early, or too late, to start working with your dog. The Reliable Handling Program is just that – a way to advance your relationship with your dog through education and hands-on activities.
All dogs at the age of 18 months to 8 years are welcome. You have to visit this practical course “Erziehungskurs” when you live in the canton of Zurich and your pooch belongs to breed type I (bigger than 45 cm or heavier than 16 kg). Only the person, the dog will be registered on, needs to join the course.
This course will deepen the experiences of the Social Competence Program. You will learn how to lead a dog reliably.
Content and goals
Learn how to handle the most urgent day-to-day issues, how to teach Fido to be calm, attentive and to respond quickly, willingly and happily, especially when distracted, off-leash, and at a distance. Focus is on strengthening the bond so you two have a smooth cohabitation.
- Learn how to start, lead, and end controlled play.
- Learn how to raise, train and preoccupy your dog appropriately.
- Learn how to take puberty into account.
- Learn important body language (threatening, attacking, insecurity, submissiveness).
- Learn how to increase wanted behaviour, and to decrease unwanted behaviour.
Vaccine: Proof of basic vaccination (bring pet passport, titer test results are also accepted).
Costs: This class is CHF 450 for 10 consecutive sessions unless a break is mentioned. A class consists of 2 to 6 teams. Each session is approximately 50 minutes. Graduates of the Social Competence Program will receive 10% off this program.
Equipment required: Collar (no harness), leash (approx. 75 – 100 cm, no retractable one), lots of treats, high value food.
Venues: Classes are offered „on the Silver Coast“ in the districts of Horgen and Affoltern a. A., and in Kreis 1, 2, 3 & 4 of Zurich, and will be announced 24 hours prior to session.
– There is a maximum of six spots
– Classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis
– Pre-Payment is the only thing that secures your spot in class
– GTC’s apply
Next classes start approx. September 17, 2021.
Courses are also offered in private sessions. Please follow this link for venues, rates & travel costs.