Our reputation for creating positive results for our clients is built on this comprehensive program. Birgit teaches you how to educate your dog. With a deep understanding of canine behavior, combined with real-life class experiences, you will have all the tools to create a well-balanced dog that you can manage and keep safe in any situation.
All dogs at the age of 16 weeks to 18 months are welcome. You have to visit this practical course when you live in the canton of Zurich and your pooch belongs to breed type I (bigger than 45 cm or heavier than 16 kg). Only the person, the dog will be registered on, needs to join the course.
This course will deepen the experiences of the Puppy Fundamentals Program. You will learn how to lead a dog correctly, safely and appropriately.
Content and goals of the practical course
Learn how to handle the most urgent day-to-day issues, how to teach Fido to be calm, attentive and to respond quickly, willingly and happily, especially when distracted, off-leash, and at a distance. Focus is on building the bond so you two have a smooth cohabitation.
- Strengthen the recall, the sit, the down, and skip an article with verbal commands and by body signals.
- Learn how to immediately stop unwanted behaviour.
- Learn how to leash, unleash, and release the dog correctly.
- Learn loose leash walking.
- Learn pros and cons of different leading instruments, including muzzles.
- Learn how to encounter unknown persons and animals.
- Learn how to get attention from your dog.
- Learn how to lead the dog in public.
- Learn how to read your dog and to be proactive.
- Deepen the socialization to the environment and other dogs.
Vaccine: Proof of basic vaccination (bring pet passport).
Length: This class is CHF 450 for 10 consecutive sessions unless a break is mentioned. A class consists of 2 to 4 teams. Each session is approximately 50 minutes. Private sessions are CHF 900 plus travel costs of CHF 0.50 per km. Graduates of the Puppy Fundamentals (Welpenförderung) Program will receive 10% off this program.
Equipment required: Collar (no harness), leash (approx. 100 cm), two favorite toys, lots of high value treats.
Venues: Classes are offered „on the Silver Coast“ in the districts of Horgen and Affoltern a. A., and in Kreis 2 & 3 of Zurich.
Courses are also offered in private sessions in these areas:
- Canton of Aargau: Districts of Lenzburg, Bremgarten, Muri
- Canton of Zurich: Districts of Affoltern am Albis, Horgen, and Dietikon, Kreis 1, 2, 3, 4 & 9 of Zurich
- Canton of Zug
After filling in the form below, please go to the shop.