The first 16 weeks of your pup’s life is when you can have the most significant, positive impact on your future relationship. The Puppy Fundamentals Program is the perfect start to train your new family member. Birgit’s approach is simple – she helps you to understand your puppy to establish rules and boundaries based on mutual trust and respect.
You have to visit this practical course when you live in the canton of Zurich and your pooch belongs to breed type I (bigger than 45 cm or heavier than 16 kg). Only the person, the dog will be registered on, needs to join the course.
Content and goals of the practical course
Learn how to handle the most urgent day-to-day issues, how to teach Fido to be calm, attentive and to respond quickly, willingly and happily. Focus is on building the bond so you two have a smooth cohabitation.
Dogs at the age of 9 to 16 weeks have to attend the course.
- Canine communication – learn how to read you dog.
- Basic commands – create an expectation.
- Basic skills – how to set up good habits right from the start
- Recall – ensuring your puppy comes to you 100% of the time.
- Praise and reward – how to create a partnership based on trust and respect.
- Safety at home and outdoors.
- Socialization: Environment, human/dog, dog/dog.
Vaccine: Proof of basic vaccination (bring pet passport).
Length: This class is CHF 180 for 4 consecutive sessions unless a break is mentioned. A class consists of 2 to 4 teams. Each session is approximately 50 minutes.
Equipment required: Collar (no harness), leash (approx. 100 cm), two favorite toys, lots of high value treats.
Private sessions are CHF 360 plus travel costs of CHF 0.50 per km.
Venue: Knonauer Amt and Sihltal Areas – Silver Coast, districts of Horgen and Affoltern a. A.. Please consult the google Calendar in the footer of the website or give me a woof.